Integration with Google Analytics
Google Analytics is one of the most powerful tools to analyze visitor behavior on the website. If you are using Google Analytics, you can now easily connect it with a Cookie-Script pop-up on your website. This can be done in the Main settings > option “Enable Cookie Statistics”, set it to “Use Google Analytics”:
All statistics about visitor interaction with cookie pop-up box is saved as Events in Google Analytics. You can see it in Google Analytics > Behavior > Events. All events are saved under the “Cookie Script” category. Here is what actions you can get:
- Show – triggered when cookie pop-up is displayed.
- Accept – triggered when the user clicked the “Accept” button in the pop-up box. Note that if you set up automatically accept after some time (if set up in Cookie Script settings) will not trigger this event.
- Read more – triggered if the user clicks the “Read more” button.
This is both a simple and powerful tool to analyze user behavior and optimize your cookie pop-up settings. Here are just a few of hundreds of applications where you can use this data:
- Export all kinds of reports or send them by email.
- And much much more.
Google Analytics also takes care of tracking Unique and non-Unique events. If you are not familiar with Google Analytics Events, you can read more about it on the Google Help page.
You will also notice there are two more choices for the “Enable Cookie Statistics” option:
- Enable – Uses Cookie Statistics tool to collect data about user behavior on the website. Not so advanced as Google Analytics, but can be used as an alternative.
- Disable – Disables any Cookie Statistics. Use this option if you do not care about monitoring user behavior. This will reduce the number of requests to our servers.